What is ISO 50001?
ISO 50001 Energy Management System certification, provides a framework for establishing energy management best practice to help organisations to improve their energy efficiency plus make a return on investment by implementing ISO 50001. The standard enables organisations to establish the systems and processes necessary to improve energy performance, including energy efficiency, use, and consumption.
Benefits of ISO 50001
By achieving certification to this international, best-practice Energy Management standard, your organisation will accrue some of the numerous benefits of ISO 50001, including:
- Energy reduction of up 10% within first 12 months
- Reduced greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and carbon footprint.
- Globally recognised International Standard
- Assist in compliance with current and future voluntary and/or mandatory energy efficiency targets.
- Improved corporate image and credibility among customers, clients and stakeholders
- Informed decision-making processes from system design through to operation and maintenance
- Increased energy awareness among staff members at all levels.
- Improved operational efficiencies and maintenance practices
What industries implement ISO 50001?
The energy standard is applicable to organisations both large and small, irrespective of geographical, cultural or social conditions. ISO 50001 has been structured to be aligned with other popular industry management system standards, so it is possible to integrate an energy management system (EnMS) with your existing management system(s). Novo Star has operational experience in energy management in the EU, Africa and Asia.
*Certification Review & Decision includes; granting, refusing, maintaining, renewing, suspending, restoring or withdrawing certification or expanding or reducing the scope of the certification.
Certification to Energy Management System – ISO 50001 standard lasts for three years and is subject to mandatory audits to ensure that you are compliant. At the end of the three years, you will be required to complete a recertification audit in order to get certified for an additional three years
Contact our team today to receive a free no-obligation competitive quotation from our dedicated business development team. We will devise a comprehensive quote which will be in line with your requirements.