What you should do if you have a complaint
We are pleased to advise that complaints about our services are a rare occurrence. However, if you have cause for complaint we would like to receive full details so that the matter can be fully investigated. It would therefore be appreciated if you could follow the procedure below:
- A Written complaint sent through mail or through a letter posted from interested party (of Novo Star or Client) shall be treated as a complaint and processed further.
- Verbal Communication are not registered as complaints
- Once the complaint is received this is entered in the complaints register NSMSS 4.160 and acknowledgement is sent to whoever had sent the complaint, wherever possible.
- Upon receipt of a complaint, AMC shall confirm whether the complaint relates to certification activities that it is responsible for and, if so, shall deal with it. If the complaint relates to a certified client, then examination of the complaint shall consider the effectiveness of the certified management system.
- Any valid complaint about a certified client shall also be referred by the certification body to the certified client in question at an appropriate time.
- A team is constituted by VP technical or AMC or MD.
- The complainant is assured in writing while acknowledging the receipt of complaint that, submission of complaint, relevant investigation and decision or outcome, will not result in any discriminatory actions against the complainant
- Novo Star will be responsible for gathering and verifying all necessary information to validate the complaint.
- Following steps are followed considering the results of previous similar appeals
- The team shall go through the complaint and will have an investigation done independently.
- After understanding the seriousness of the complaint, below options (not limited to) can be used
Ask for an onsite assessment for more evidence
Onsite reaudit for the process, where it is not possible to decide what went wrong
Provide evidence to make the facts clear for relevant party
- Status/progress/result of the complaint is provided at the relevant stages as appropriately to the complainant.
- If any corrective action (to be raised in corrective Action Request form NSMSS-4.160 FORM) to be initiated by Novo Star, track the actions and closure of the actions
- Decide required correction and corrective action to prevent repetition. Implement decision, verify effectiveness and close complaint. Enter details in the register. If short notice audit is required, the audit is completed within 90 days from the receipt of complaint
- Novo Star is responsible for all decisions at all levels of the complaints handling process
- wherever possible, formal notice is given to the complainant about the end of the complaints handling process.
- The details involved in the above process Novo Star shall determine, together with the certified client and the complainant, whether and, if so to what extent, the subject of the complaint and its resolution shall be made public.
- The complaints register shall track the details of all actions initiated and its closure
- In case of AQMS certificates, details shall be uploaded in OASIS as applicable
If you do not understand any aspect of this procedure you may contact Novo Star for further assistance
You may Contact Novo Star for getting further details