What is ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) is a systematic framework to manage the immediate and long term environmental impacts of an organisation’s products, services and processes. By completing ISO 14001 certification your organisation can assure stakeholders that your environmental management system meets international industry specific environmental standards.
ISO 14001 environmental certification provides a framework for environmental management best practice to help organisations:
- Minimise their environmental footprint
- Diminish the risk of pollution incidents
- Provide operational improvements
- Ensure compliance with relevant environmental legislation, and
- Develop their business in a sustainable manner
Benefits of ISO 14001
Identify cost savings with greater emphasis on resource, waste and energy management
- Develop corporate image and credibility
- Quantify, monitor and control the impact of operations on the environment, now and in the future
- Ensure legislative awareness and compliance
- Improve environmental performance of supply chain
- Protect the company, assets, shareholders and directors
- Potentially decrease public liability insurance costs for your organisation
- Grow your access to business partners and potential customers
What industries implement ISO 14001?
Every company large and small (industrial, manufacturing, services, or trade related) has an impact on the environment and can therefore benefit from ISO 14001 certification.
Certification Review & Decision includes; granting, refusing, maintaining, renewing, suspending, restoring or withdrawing certification or expanding or reducing the scope of the certification.
Certification to Environmental Management System – ISO 14001 standard lasts for three years and is subject to mandatory audits to ensure that you are compliant. At the end of the three years, you will be required to complete a recertification audit in order to get certified for an additional three years
Contact our team today to receive a free no-obligation competitive quotation from our dedicated business development team. We will devise a comprehensive quote which will be in line with your requirements