What is ISO 27001?
ISO 27001 is the international standard which is recognised globally for managing risks to the security of information you hold. Certification to ISO 27001 allows you to prove to your clients and other stakeholders that you are managing the security of your information. ISO 27001 (the current version of ISO 27001) provides a set of standardised requirements for an Information Security Management System (ISMS). The standard adopts a process based approach for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, maintaining, and improving your ISMS.
The ISO 27001 standard and ISMS provides a framework for information security management best practice that helps organisations to:
- Protect client and employee information
- Manage risks to information security effectively
- Achieve compliance with regulations such as the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR)
- Protect the company’s brand image
Benefits of ISO 27001
Protecting your organisation’s information is critical for the successful management and smooth operation of your organisation. Achieving ISO 27001 will aid your organisation in managing and protecting your valuable data and information assets.
By achieving certification to ISO 27001 your organisation will be able to reap numerous and consistent benefits including:
- Keeps confidential information secure
- Provides customers and stakeholders with confidence in how you manage risk
- Allows for secure exchange of information
- Helps you to comply with other regulations (e.g. SOX)
- Provide you with a competitive advantage
- Enhanced customer satisfaction that improves client retention
- Consistency in the delivery of your service or product
- Manages and minimises risk exposure
- Builds a culture of security
- Protects the company, assets, shareholders and directors
What industries implement ISO 27001?
ISO 27001 Certification is suitable for any organisation, large or small, in any sector. The standard is especially suitable where the protection of information is critical, such as in the banking, financial, health, public and IT sectors. The standard is also applicable to organisations which manage high volumes of data, or information on behalf of other organisations such as data centres and IT outsourcing companies.
*Certification Review & Decision includes; granting, refusing, maintaining, renewing, suspending, restoring or withdrawing certification or expanding or reducing the scope of the certification.
Certification to Information Security Management System – ISO 27001 standard lasts for three years and is subject to mandatory audits to ensure that you are compliant. At the end of the three years, you will be required to complete a recertification audit in order to get certified for an additional three years.
Contact our team today to receive a free no-obligation competitive quotation from our dedicated business development team. We will devise a comprehensive quote which will be agreed in line with your requirements.