What is ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) is internationally recognised as the world’s leading quality management standard and has been implemented by over one million organisations in over 170 countries globally. ISO 9001 implemented, to its full potential, becomes an invaluable asset to your organisation.
The purpose of the standard is to assist companies in meeting statutory and regulatory requirements relating to their product while achieving excellence in their customer service and delivery. The standard can be used throughout an organisation to improve the performance or within a particular site, plant or department.
ISO 9001 contains eight key principles of quality management which is not auditable but do form the fundamental characteristics of quality management:
- Customer focus and customer satisfaction
- Involvement of people
- Process approach
- A systematic approach to management
- Continual improvement
- Factual approach to decision making
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationship
Benefits of ISO 9001
- Become more cost efficient
- Increased credibility and competitiveness
- Lower costs and shorter cycle times through effective use of resources
- Enhanced customer satisfaction and improved customer loyalty leading to repeat business
- Increased revenue and market share obtained through flexible and fast responses to market opportunities
- Integration and alignment of internal processes which will lead to increased productivity and results
- Consistency in the delivery of your product or service
- Improved communication, planning and administration processes
What industries implement ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 is one of the few ISO standards that have been implemented by organisations across all industries. As the standard focuses on maintaining consistently impeccable customer service for your clients, the benefits of ISO 9001 can be seen by any organisation that wishes to improve the customer experience and be more efficient from within the organisation. Recently Certification Novo Star has certified organisations in the public sector, finance, pharmaceutical, tech sector and professional services to the quality management standard, to name just a few.
*Certification Review & Decision includes; granting, refusing, maintaining, renewing, suspending, restoring or withdrawing certification or expanding or reducing the scope of the certification.
Certification to Quality Management System – ISO 9001 standard lasts for three years and is subject to mandatory audits to ensure that you are compliant. At the end of the three years, you will be required to complete a recertification audit in order to get certified for an additional three years.
Contact our team today to receive a free no-obligation competitive quotation from our dedicated business development team. We will devise a comprehensive quote which will be in line with your requirements